I didn’t know she was the face of body positive, but there shouldn’t be ONE face of it. Everyone should be body positive aka EVERYONE SHOULD BE THE FACE OF BODY POSITIVE
like I wouldn’t say she’s the official face of it, but she had this interview where she is like SHAMING GIRLS FOR HAVING EATING DISORDERS/MENTAL ILLNESSES and saying that they should have the same body type as hers and like ?? that’s a mental disorder, not a fashion statement so ???? she irritates me and people see that interview and are like “yeah stop being anorexic and start looking like her!!!” like just fucking stop
- Blood comes out of your vagina for anywhere from 3-7 days
- That blood you lose can be around 4 tablespoons to a cup
- a cup of blood, vaginal mucus, and endometrial tissue
- You get cramps that will make you cry. You can vomit and/or pass out from them
- You will get horrible mood swings
- You get headaches
- Your breasts hurt so bad sometimes you can’t even touch them
- You get acne everywhere
- Your actual vagina could be sore
- Your feel constantly tired
- You have a constant fear of soaking through your pad/tampon
- You can’t lay a certain way in bed
- You take pill after pill and it still doesn’t help
- You bloat and gain weight
- You might have anemia (iron deficiency) which can not clot your blood causing so much blood loss it’ll be deadly
- You never feel full
- Everything irritates you
- You will cry a lot
- Once you get up in the morning, your center of gravity has shifted and all the blood settling in you during the night will now rush out of you causing you to clench your legs tightly to avoid leaking
- You get made fun of for having a period ?////?/?/
- You’re forced to go to school/work
- You get told that you’re overreacting
but ya know, fixing your dick discreetly in public is bad too
ok like can the “face of body positive” not be jennifer lawrence, because I understand that she has a nice body but that’s just it. She’s skinny or “”fit”” and people of all sizes are told “look like that and you’ll be happy with your body!!!” like, body positive is not about being a fit/skinny white girl, it’s about loving your body no matter what it looks like so plastering body positive things all over skinny/fit white girls is not helping anyone other than skinny/fit white girls.
Alright, here’s something funny. These boys in my hall went outside in their undies to take some photos in the snow. Funny, right? They’re trying to get attention and it’s hilarious. Us ladies choose to do the same, we are wearing more clothing, and are doing the exact same poses. We are wearing as much clothing as is acceptable at the pool or the beach, at the gym, etc.
There is a serious double standard here— us girls have gotten responses like:
"What’s the point of being half naked?"
"*ahem* sluts *ahem*"
"What’s wrong with you females?"
Or worse, what my mother said. Her initial shock was apparently because she thought I was in my underwear, but when I told her I was in a swimsuit, she was suddenly happy I was having fun in college.
The idea here is that we are doing the same thing. When arguing this point with one of my hallmates, he said “But men’s bodies aren’t built the same, you don’t see girls getting pumped up over a topless guy, but how many guys do you think are gonna get all crazy over a topless girl?” Seriously? Really? Women don’t need to dress in order to avoid a reaction from men. You’re mad because you can’t control yourself? Men can pose in their undies in the snow without an issue because women aren’t going to go wild over it? Keep it in your pants, that’s your responsibility, not ours.
The double standards are killin’ me.
"Keep it in your pants, that’s your responsibility, not ours." Is literally one of the best quotes I’ve ever heard. Thank you.
Also everyone on the Twins is Joe Mauer
the other 3 would be me
lbr you’re the only one I’ve followed for over a year that I’ve never thought about unfollowing ever you are my ultimate follow forever